Tuesday 19 March 2013

Line (with arboreal digressions)


Still at work on my line assignment, gradually gaining confidence and getting some patterns I quite like...
I paid a couple of swift visits to Ely recently, snapping interesting architectural features (I'll spare you the many shots from the Cathedral):
chimneys that demand to be recreated in knitting



and delighting in trees and twigs:
I swear this one has fashioned herself a skirt for dancing in...



Lots more line ideas here but I must get on with the task in hand, rather than distracting myself!

1 comment:

  1. So many fun ideas! I particularly like the chimneys (and yes I did a C&G project inspired by branches crossing, and another inspired by brickwork :-) ). Hampton Court has some spectacular chimneys as has a small village between us and Guildford which I have temporarily forgotten the name of.

    ReplyDelete