Tuesday 9 November 2010

Barcelona: underfoot

I seem to have spent so long looking down that I'm amazed I didn't trip over...
soft colours on a grey pavement: I feel a colour scheme coming on...


I like the juxtaposition of these two designs

pavement tiles: Gaudi sea creatures design

same design (slightly smaller) used as floor tiles in Casa Mila

reproduction of tiles in the museum at Casa Mila: note the "do not touch" sign.  Good job I'd rubbed the pavement tiles earlier....

tessalating parquet floor, Casa Mila

 Please excuse the odd layout of these pictures, Blogger and I are not getting on very well this evening!  The one below is a mosaic floor in a church, but has all sorts of possibilites: fairisle pattern, aran cable with bobbles, slip stitches...

 















The hand of God.  This is mosaic flooring in San Pau del Camp, as is the picture just above on the right.

 
Hmm, Blogger has mysteriously eaten one of my drain covers, bet it doesn't taste as interesting as it looks.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment